Security is a priority element when we talk about comercial stores. Althought they are located at inside or outside areas, to get a good protections without to lose the elegance could be a big challenge.
First of security elements that you have to installed is the closing system. The roller shutter, manual or automatic, is the first level to prevent the illegal access; then the order of our shutter has to be well studied.
All the rollers shutter have made by great resistance material. So, when we go to find our shutter, we´ll find 2 types:
- Roller shutters made in steel: very resistance material, the galvanized version avoids the corrosionof material. It doesn´t need maintenance and it could have a long lifetime. It has a quimic reaction to avoid scratching.
- Roller shutters made in aluminium: wellknown by its lightness, the aluminium is, with iron, the mostlty used material around the world. It has a long lifetime beacause it´s corrosion resistant. It has the same finished in the both sides. Something doesn´t happen in galvanized shutters, that just have one side.
Althought the aluminum and its lightness are wellknown, when we need to offers a hight resistance, we add more to double the thickness and then the weight is increased a lot.
When we know wich material we´ll use, we have to decice the shutter finished. We have to keep options in mind like:
- Bussiness style.
- We want t be according the building where we are.
- We want people look inside when we are closed.
You have these main options:
- Die-cutting shoutter: you could close the access and at the same time, people could see the inside. It´s used in clothes stores, etc.
- Blind shutter: it´s a clossing that doesn´t allow to see the inside of store. It´s used in places where the security is the priority.
- Microperforated shutter: it´s a mix of elegance and security. If you are looking for a shutter that has style and it doesn´t lose resistance, this is your shutter.
- Imitation-wood shutter: you´ll have all the wood advantages and no disadvantages.
- Lacquered shutter: it´s the best option to shutter exposed to scraching, and inclement weather, etc. Oven lacquered gives a extra resistance.
OPENING AND CLOSING
We could addapt a lot of opening system in our roller shutter:
- Fobs: if we install a receiver we´ll get to open the gate with the fob.
- Proximity device: they are cards or tags that you put close to the reader installed and the shutter starts to open.
- Tradictional key: you use a inlay lock to open and close the shutter.
- Keypad: we could addapt a keypad, then you introduce a correct code and the shutter starts to open.
- Smarphone: there are different systems by App from your smartpone. You don´t need to be close to the gate to open or close.
If you are looking for the total possible security, you have to install a self-locking shutter. This system is only to automatic shutter, not manual. It has a extra security that blocks the shutter when you force a manual mode.
We keep in mind that this shutter needs a complete installation, in other words, if we have an automatic shutter we´ll have to change all the devices, so it´s more expensive.
Powermatic has a range of shutter, you could contact us and our qualified technician are ready to help you.